For a long time I was annoyed by the Right-To-Left problems that occurred quite often in the IRC which made text that has Hebrew and English mixed impossible to read.
Few months ago I decided to find a solution, for me anyway, for that problem. Days passed and I had no time to work on it until the last few days. I decided to write an Xchat plugin that will hook the messages and will add RLM or LRM where needed. of course that BiDi have always been a hard spot for RTL users, but I believe i’ve done it as fine as possible (and this is the place to thank MKSoft for reviewing and cleaning my code!!)
You may want to check it out: https://edge.launchpad.net/rtlplo0x
Of course that if you think you can make it work better or cover more BiDi problems, you’re more than welcomed to fill bugs and improve the code 🙂
* Something I’d like to point out: even though I use Hebrew, it is supposed to work the same for any other RTL languages, like Arabic, Persian, Urdu and more.